Burning belly fat has never been an easy task like most of us think. As a matter of fact, most of us face a daunting yet a hectic process trying to identify the best avenue to shed unwanted fat. With hundreds of weight loss avenues in the market today, most of us end up regretting in future after spending a lot of money on avenues that never work. Yoga poses have been gaining popularity over the years and thousands of people have confirmed their effectiveness in helping obese people shed belly fat. Here are some of the top yoga poses recommended to facilitate belly fat loss.
5 Great yoga poses to lose your belly fat.
Naukasana (Boat pose)
Setubandhasana (Bridge pose)
- This pose is meant to exercise your abs and strengthen your abdominal and back muscles as well as toning your arms and legs.
- The pose is exercised by lying down on your yoga mat with your feet closely held together and your hands against the body.
- Breathe in and when breathing out, lift your chest and legs simultaneously as you lift your arms forming a boat-like shape. Maintain a ten degree angle and make about 5 to ten breaths while in this position. Slowly exhale as you get back to the starting position and repeat the pose about five times.
Kumbhakasana (Plank pose)
- Bridge pose is known to strengthen your abdominal muscles, exercise your spine, hip joints, relieving pain in these areas and keeping your blood pressure under healthy levels.
- Exercise the pose by lying on your yoga mat with your feet flat on the floor.
- Exhale and raise your back in such a way that your neck, head and feet are flat on the floor. You can consider using your hands to support yourself when raising the body, but avoid the pose if you have neck injuries.
Virabhadrasana (Warrior 3 pose)
- This is among the simplest yoga poses that will see you shed your belly fat in a remarkably short time.
- Start by lying flat on your yoga mat placing your arms near your face while the toes are set to push you up.
- Use your toes and palms to lift your buttocks in the air. Inhale while at this position and try to hold on it as long as you can. Exhale when you want to lower your back and slowly get back to your starting point.
Uthkatasana (Chair pose)
- The pose is meant to increase your stability, strengthen your ankle and legs muscles as well as giving you strong abs.
- While standing on your yoga mat, bend forward with your hands straight in front. Lift one leg in a way that your back, lifted leg and hands are in a straight line.
- Hold on this position for about 5 breaths and slowly get back to your starting point as you lift the other leg.
- Chair pose helps you to strengthen not only your abdominal muscles, but also your spine, chest, lower back and hips.
- Stand on your yoga mat with your hands straight forward. Bend at the knee where your thighs will be parallel to the floor as if you are literally sitting on a chair.
- You can consider lifting your hands above your head but breathe normally and stay on this position for as long as you can manage.
You can also consider avoiding expenses and other long term health complications caused by overweight by simply applying for an Ehic card. The card which is issued free of charge enables you to get free or subsidized treatment in any hospital in the EEA countries provided you are insured by any statutory social security scheme.
This article is from a collection of articles written by faculty / teachers / community of HealthAndYoga.com. You may visit www.healthandyoga.com
to read more such articles.