Welcome to Ashtanga Yoga Collection Project!
At AYA, we are attempting to demystify any secrets and misgivings about Ashtanga Yoga.
The following article will try to provide comprehensive and neutral information from various subject-matter experts about Ashtanga Yoga Postures and Practices. We have called this 'Ashtanga Yoga Collection' Project. This project aims to become a ready-reckoner and a reference for yoga teachers and enthusiasts training in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. Although it is not an open forum, we invite participation from Ajarya Teachers as also yoga teachers from all over the world. All your submissions will be reviewed by our panel before they are published online.
- Develops sense of balance
- Tones up abdominal organs and increase their function
- Restricts the accessory muscles of respiration & enhances the diaphragmatic breathing.
- Improves strength of the Pelvic organs. (Functions like maintains the strength of uterus and menstrual cycles in females, production of sperms and voluntary control of ejaculation process in males).
- Enhance the endocrine functions of Thymus, Thyroid, pancreas, adrenal and Gonads4
- Increases the appetite and calms down the excited mind.
Contributors to Garbha Pindasana Page
- Thyroidism, Piles, Constipation, IBS, Obesity (grade-1&2), Diabetes, Back pain, Varicose veins, Post natal conditions, Poor memory & Concentration, etc.
- The Half Moon Posture has been demonstrated by Ms Niharika Raval, who is a part of YogaArchanam Project at Surendranagar, Gujarat, India, pursuing PhD in Dance.
- The Posture of Embryo in the Womb Procedure has been provided by Sri Viral Raval, who is a part of YogaArchanam Project at Surendranagar, Gujarat, India, pursuing PhD in Yoga.
- The limitations and berefits of Posture of Embryo in the Womb have been given by Ms Niharika Raval.
- The Physiology of Garbha Pindasana has been designed and provided by Dr E Amaravathi, a Master in Phsiotherapy currently pursuing PhD in Yoga
- The Scientific Explanation and Clinical Significance (available only to registered Ajarya teachers) of Garbha Pindasana been provided by
Dr E Amaravathi,teaching currently at Ajarya Yoga Academy
Please write to us if you wish to become a Ajarya Contributor!